The Peoria Education Foundation enriches and supports educational excellence in the Peoria Unified School District by awarding grants to teachers and principals for projects outside the normal operating budget. As a result of grant funding, a truly fascinating spectrum of projects and programs has been implemented. These wonderful projects not only enhance the general learning environment, but also open the minds of young children to a broad palette of life's possibilities. The benefits of a grant project often go beyond the one-semester term of the actual award. New materials and equipment may support the regular curriculum for years to come.
2022-23 Grant Process & Timeline
The 2022-23 Foundation Grant application process is currently closed. The next grant cycle will re-open in January 2024.
Timeline for 2022-23 teacher grants:
- Monday, Jan. 9, 2023 - Grant applications will be made available to Peoria Unified employees
- Friday, March 10, 2023 - Grant applications are due to Peoria Unified Public Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, April 11, 2023 - Foundation Board votes on teacher grants
All educators are eligible to apply for annual Peoria Education Foundation grants. Typical grants range from $500 to $2,500. These grants can be used to fund innovative projects that demonstrate the potential to significantly improve student achievement. A committee of business leaders will evaluate and select the winning grants. Priority is given to those projects that can be replicated in other classrooms or can impact the learning environment of an entire school.
Grants are awarded in the following areas:
- Fine Arts
- Service Learning
- Character Counts
- Special Needs
- Health and Wellness
- Technology Integration
- Principals' Staff Development
- Resources for Arizona's College & Career Readiness Standards